Dal Rasam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2014/08/paruppu-rasam-recipe-dal-rasam-recipe.html
|Dal Rasam Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 1 cup Red Gram
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 6 stems Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- ¾ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Rasam Powder
- 1½ tbsp Tamarind Extract
- A pinch of Asafetida
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
How to make Dal Rasam:
- Mix tomato, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Cook the dal in a pressure cooker and mash it thoroughly.
- Take rasam powder and tomato mixture in a pan. Add salt and enough water to make a thin mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in tamarind, dal, and water as required. Cook on medium flame until it starts simmering.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a small saucepan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry ceaves and asafetida. Remove from heat and add to the prepared dal mixture. Cover to retain the aroma.
- Serve hot with rice.