Indian Recipes : Gujarati khichdi Recipe
Gujarati khichdi is a very delicious and easy recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Gujarati khichdi by following this easy recipe.
Gujarati khichdi Recipe
Serves 4, 95 cal per serving
• ½ cup Rice
• ½ cup Toor Dal
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 1 Onion (Medium size,sliced)
• 1 Brinjal (Medium size, chopped into pieces)
• 2 Medium size Potatoes (Chopped into pieces)
• 2 tsp Ginger Paste
• 2 tsp Garlic Paste
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• ½ tsp Pepper Corns
• 2 Dried Red Chilies
• 1 inch stick Cinnamon.
• 4 Cloves
• A pinch Asafoetida
• 10 Curry Leaves
• ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
• ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
• Oil How to make Gujarati khichdi:
• Take a bowl and add rice, tur Dal , water and wash it together twice.
• Soak in 2 cups of water for ½ hr.
• Heat up the oil in pan, add mustard seeds, pepper corns, cloves, whole red chillies, and cinnamon. When it being to crackle add curry leaves, asafoetida and onions.
• Cook until onion become brown now add potatoes, brinjal, ginger and garlic paste and cook it for 2 min on low flame.
• Add soaked rice and dal mix it well and cook for a min.
• Now add turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder mix it well.
• Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp of ghee.
• Cover the lid and let it cook in low flame until is rice is done.
• Gujarati Kichidi is ready to eat.
Suggestions: Serve with curd
Recipe of the Month
Vermicelli Pudding, also known as Seviyan Kheer is a very popular Indian...