Kand Ki Chaat Recipe
|Kand Ki Chaat Recipe|
- 3 cups Kand (Purple Yam), cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus)
- 2 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 cup Mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Wedges
How to make Kand Ki Chaat:
- In a frying pan, heat oil and deep-fry the cubed kand over medium flame, until they are cooked and crispy. Drain them on an absorbent paper.
- Now, in a separate pan, heat a tbsp of oil and ad cumin seeds and asafetida. When the seeds sputter, add onion and green chilies. Sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes until the onion are golden yellow.
- Add poppy seeds and further sauté for about a minute or two.
- Now, add the fried kand into the mixture. Put in dry mango powder, coriander powder, black salt, mint, coriander and salt. Stir them for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve them hot with lemon wedges.