Mushroom Peas Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QneK7Ip9j9k/U5SBGH5XeHI/AAAAAAAAN0I/1ZoPzSrApLA/s1600/mushroom_pea_curry_detail.jpg
|Mushroom Peas Curry Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 200 gms (4 cups) Mushrooms (cleaned, washed and chopped)
- 1 cup (50 gms) Green Peas
- 2 Cardamoms (Elaichi/Elakka)
- 2 Cloves (Laung/Grampoo)
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder( Malli Podi)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 4tbsp Oil
For the Puree:
- 2 Tomatoes (large)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped)
For the Masala Paste:
- 1 Onion( large)
- 6-8 flakes Garlic
- 1 piece Ginger
How to make Mushroom Peas Curry:
- In a pan heat oil. Add the cardamom and cloves. Deep fry it for 1 min.
- Add the onion-garlic-ginger paste. Boil( cook) and mix them continuously until it turns light brown. Remove it from fire.
- Add dhania powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and haldi with salt to it.
- Cook it in a low heat for few seconds. Add 1 tbsp water to it while boiling.
- Add tomato-green chilli puree. Boil(cook) till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the mushrooms and peas. Mix and deep fry it for about 5 min.
- Add 2 cups of water. Cook it with a low medium heat for about 15 min. Cook till the peas turn soft.
Goes great with chapati and poori.