Okra Masala Recipe
Photo Credit: http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2009/09/dinner-for-two-chennai-garden-murray-hill-nyc-manhattan-indian.html
|Okra Masala Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 lb/450 g Okra (ladies finger/ bhindi)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 Curry Leaves
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Potato
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Oil
- Coriander, ginger-julienne (to garnish)
- Salt to taste
How to make Okra Masala:
- Rinse the okra and drain thoroughly.
- Chop and discard the ends.
- Cut the okra into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottom pan.
- Add the chopped onions, chilies, curry leaves, cumin, coriander and salt, and mix together [Stir-fry for 5 minutes].
- Add the chopped potato in to it.
- Add the chopped tomato and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
- Add okra, mixing with a slotted spoon.
- Stir-fry the vegetable mixture over medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with fresh cilantro and ginger - julienne.