Prune Chutney Recipe
|Prune Chutney Recipe|
- 200g Sugar
- 120 ml Water
- 250g Prunes (Aloobukhara)
- A drop of Red Color (optional)
How to make Prune Chutney:
- Thoroughly wash the prunes and soak them in plenty of water for about 2 hours.
- Drain the water and place prunes in a saucepan along with 120ml water and the sugar.
- Cook on low heat until the sugar has dissolved and then cover; allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add a drop of color and continue cooking, uncovered; until the sauce has thickened and the seeds get separate from the prunes.
- Remove from the heat, take out the seeds and set aside to cool.
- Prune Chutney is ready to serve as a condiment.