Vegetarian Broccoli Soup Recipe
|Vegetarian Broccoli Soup Recipe|
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1-1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Bell pepper, diced
- 4 Cups broccoli, chopped
- 2½ Cups veggie stock
- 2 Cups water
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, sliced and steamed (optional)
How to make Vegetarian Broccoli Soup:
- Melt butter in the Dutch oven. Put onion, bay leaf and salt in the pan and sauté, over medium heat, until onion is tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add bell pepper, basil, broccoli, veggie stock and water.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is well cooked.
- Discard the bay leaf and purée the soup in batches.
- Season with pepper and top with optional florets.
- Serve hot.
- Vegetarian Broccoli Soup is ready.