The father is not only the head of a family, he is also the person who takes special care to ensure that all his child's needs are satisfied and that the child is happy. The father is that person in your life whom you cannot substitute with anyone else. A father is that person whose contributions in your upbringing can never be forgotten. A father is that person to whom you will be indebted all through your life and yet that debt can never be repaid, just because your father will never want a repayment! However, would you not be happy if you saw a smile on your Father's face? Father's Day helps you to achieve just that through celebrations, gifts and food dedicated to your father, one of the most important people in your life.
Greetings cards make for a very good and memorable gift in any occasion, Father's Day notwithstanding. And if you can add a personal touch to the card, you can be sure that your father will be all the more happy. Sometimes, it becomes very difficult for many children to express their love and sentiments to their fathers in words. Making use of Father's Day quotes is the most effective way to get your feelings across to your father if you are running short of words. Mentioned below are some of the best quotes on Father's Day which you can use to add to the celebratory mood of that special day in your Father's day.
To add a touch of wit and humor to your Father's Day Celebrations, we have collected some funny quotes and jokes on fathers.
Father's Day Quotes
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," dad would reply. "We're raising boys." - Harmon Killebrew
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. - Johann Schiller
- Dad you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. - Anonymous
- Are we not like two volumes of one book? Marceline Desbordes - Valmore
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. - Anonymous
- Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later... that the man before him was not an ageing father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best as he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would love something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life. - Tom Wolfe
- Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. - Gloria Naylor
- A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father. - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a Father's protection. - Sigmund Freud
- We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow. Our wiser sons, no doubt will think us so. - Alexander Pope