The Germans may have been responsible for a war that almost had the whole of mankind involved in it at one point of time. However, when it comes to the love that a child has for its mother, the Germans are no exceptions. They, just like everyone else in the world, are ever so willing to let their mothers know that they are loved, respected and admired. Mother's day in Germany is an important day and is celebrated with a lot of zeal. Kids go out of their way to let their mothers know that they are loved. Mothers, on the other hand, just sit back and enjoy all the attention because attention for mothers is hard to come by. Go ahead and read on to discover the keys to exclusive information on how mother's day is celebrated in the country of Germany. Remember, when it comes to love and mothers, Germans are no different from the rest of the world.
Please find below insight on how mother's day customs and traditions are observed in the country of Germany:
Just like everybody else, the Germans too love their mothers. Plough through this article to find out how Germany celebrates mother's day.
Mother's Day Traditions In Germany
- Mother's day celebrations in Germany take place on the second Sunday in the month of May, like it does in countries all over the world.
- In Germany, if the holiday dedicated to mothers looks like it is going to fall on the Pentecost, then its celebrations will take place on the first Sunday in the month of May. If ‘mother's day' does not fall on the Pentecost, then the day set aside to honor mothers will be observed on the second Sunday of the month of May.
- Just like in most other countries, on mother's day, kids present lovely bouquets of flowers to their doting mothers.
- The trend of giving mother's day cards to mothers is exceptionally popular in Germany. This trend is followed all over the world, no doubts about that, but it is that much more popular in the country of Germany.
- Here's your chance to know what ‘mother's day' is known as in German, ‘Mutterstag', that's what ‘mother's day' is known as in the language.
- The day was first observed in the year 1922 to honor mothers and the very concept of motherhood.
- During early times, a medal that was usually made up of bronze, silver or gold was awarded to mothers for giving birth to children for the fathers land, i.e. Germany.
- Although mother's day was first observed in the year 1922, it was officially recognized as ‘mother's day' in the year 1933.