Coconut Cake Recipe
|Coconut Cake Recipe|
|Rating||8.8 / 10 (13 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1-1/2 cups Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1-1/3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
How to make Coconut Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- Now grease a 10 by 2 inch round cake pan and line bottom with a round of wax paper or parchment.
- Grease paper and dust pan with flour.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Beat butter with mixer till creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar on medium speed till pale and smooth.
- Add vanilla essence to it, keep stirring.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixture may look curdled at this time.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk in 3 batches over low speed.
- Raise the speed to medium and beat batter 1-1/2 minutes till soft, now fold in coconut.
- Spoon batter into the cake pan and spread uniformly.
- Bake cake in the middle of the oven till golden brown for about 45 to 50 minutes at the temp of 175 C.
- Cool cake in the pan on a rack for about 1 hour, then invert onto the rack.
- Remove paper and invert again onto another rack to cool completely.
- Coconut Cake is ready to serve.