Good skills in English are one of the basic necessities if you wish to study at any of the English speaking countries or simply, take up a job. These skills are tested by a standardized and reliable exam called the IELTS. It is recognized in all English speaking countries and is a well known and an internationally acknowledged test for evaluating candidates' skills at English. IELTS includes a series of tests comprising of reading, writing, listening and speaking. The exam is conducted on 48 days every year in 120 countries situated all over the world. Getting a good score in this test is possible with a proper preparation course. Familiarising yourself with the structure and working on your weaknesses are few of the prerequisites for being successful in this exam. The following article will assist you in selecting the right kind of a study plan and preparation technique to ace the IELTS!
IELTS Test Preparation
IELTS preparation requires practise and taking up a number of mock tests to familiarise yourself with the pattern. Preparation for IELTS becomes easier if you read the following article.
- A detailed preparation for IELTS takes a minimum of three months but the method of study varies from individual to individual. While a few prefer the concept of self study, there are others who consider group studies under the guidance of an experienced faculty. Preparation for IELTS requires you to design a study plan so that you can understand every concept of the test and make solving the paper easier.
- This exam is designed to judge your level of English therefore; just a working knowledge of this language will not suffice. You need to take a few sample tests in order to understand the limitations of your English skills, only after which you can work towards overcoming your mistakes or strengthening your weakness.
- Cramming is not advisable. So, use your study time efficiently. First, act according to your convenience and draw out a timetable which is best suited for you. Stick to this schedule. Set realistic goals with adequate breaks in between so that the routine can be easily followed.
- In the IELTS test, each of the four band modules - listening, reading, writing and speaking. All of them carry the same weight. Study each skill carefully and devote extra time and effort in areas where you have less confidence.
- Taking numerous IELTS sample tests teaches you the tricks of the trade and the techniques to crack the exam. They are especially useful for time constrained exams such as this.
- Thus, figuring out the possible obstacles on the IELTS such as, answering questions efficiently, finishing in time and mastering the test formats. These study barriers are to be dealt with during the preparation time in order to maintain a high score in the test. The IELTS has a large impact on your future! So put in your efforts today.
- A brief synopsis that could be the key to unlock your IELTS test are stated as follows: Improve your writing skills, review reading passages that frequently occur on the IELTS test, improve your vocabulary, get familiar with the format and most of all, practice intensely for the listening and speaking sections.
Apart from the above pointers that can help you in preparing for the IELTS, remember to carry the essentials to the test centre. on the day before your exam have everything ready. This includes, the test registration form, passport (identification proof), test number, pens, pencils, erasers, etc. Lastly, recheck everything before the exam and reach the venue on time! Good luck!