Christmas is an important festival for the entire world. Even though it comes every year, it is never redundant or monotonous for us. Christmas customs and festivities are among the biggest and the most famous celebrations. Millions of Christians throughout the world celebrate the festival with much enthusiasm and gusto. However, with the passage of time, people developed new means of celebrating Christmas to make it more enjoyable.
Are singing carols, gift-giving, partying and feasting the only ways of celebrating Christmas? Not necessarily. A simple quote can go a long way in adding charm to the already festive mood of Christmas. It is practically impossible for one to visit each and every friend or relative's house during Christmas. Therefore, one can convey one's Christmas wishes to a friend through a quote which can be devotional, inspirational or funny. The means are simple: a text message from the mobile phone, an email or a greeting card. Quotes are a smart way of entertaining guests at the dinner table as well! A lot of great and renowned people have penned down or quoted sayings which are famously known. Following are some of them:
Sharing witty or inspirational quotes with friends can make Christmas more fun and enjoyable.
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together. - Alexander Smith
- Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year -- and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority. - W. J. Cameron
- Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit. - Frank McKinney Hubbard
- There has been only one Christmas -- the rest are anniversaries. - W. J. Cameron
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. - Charles Dickens