Making Easter craft is one tradition that has been in practice for ages now. There are countless fascinating craft items that can be made out of eggs and the adorable Easter egg doll is definitely one of them. Children especially dote over the delightful looking egg dolls that usually make an indispensable part of every Easter celebrations. Besides this, Easter egg dolls make for a great decorative item in your living room or dining table. There is nothing better than a handmade personalized gift. You can present the adorable egg dolls to your guests and loved ones. Making egg dolls at home is an easy task and doesn't require much effort or time. All it demands is a few easily available supplies and a little patience. So, if you have made up your mind to create cute egg dolls this Easter, then read the following instructions that tells you how to make an Easter egg doll in a simple way. Just trail down the step-by-step guide on how to make an Easter egg doll and get your guests go gaga over your 'egg-cellent' craft.
How To Make Easter Egg Doll
Here are the steps as to how to make Easter egg doll, a real simple Easter craft.
Easter Egg Doll
- For this craftwork, you will need eggs, paints, muffin cups, glue, color paper, ribbon and scissors, to get started.
- Begin with painting your egg as per your desired color. Once it is dried, you can start making your doll hair. Cut long stripes of brown or black color paper for the hair. You can get creative by trying out different color for the hair such as red, dark green, or orange. Apply glue on the sides of the egg and stick the fine stripes of colored paper on top of the egg.
- Next take a muffin cup and fold it into half. Take a narrow strip of ribbon and paste it on top of the fold of the cup. This will act as a bonnet for your doll. Stick the bonnet on top of your doll's hair so that it does not slip from its position and tie the ribbon at the bottom of your doll's face.
- If you plan to make a male version of your doll, then you can cut tiny bits of color paper strips and stick it on top of the egg. This would give your egg doll a cool, punk spiked hair look.
- Now get on with the task of painting your doll's face. To make the eyes, make two black circles next to each other, leaving little space between the circles. You can define the nose and mouth with a single vertical and curved line.
- To make the body of your egg doll, take about 4 to 5 muffin cups and cut their centers.
- Take the cardboard tube and using glue, place the cups upside down on it. For making the tiered skirt of the doll, let the muffin cups overlap the last.
- Paste the doll egg face on the topside of the cardboard tube. Your beautiful Easter egg doll is ready to adorn your house.