Looking to wow your guests this Easter? Apart from cooking up lamb roasts and exciting desserts, take out some time and add elegant, easy touches to your decor and celebrations with exciting, homemade Easter crafts. Agreed, Easter is a time to put your worries aside and indulge in fun activities like playing games, exchanging souvenirs, beautifying surroundings and hosting Easter parties. And feasting definitely forms an essential part of every Easter celebrations. To make your Easter family dinner extra special and delightful, knitting placemats with intricate designs and flamboyant patterns would be a great idea. While you dig your forks into the festive delicacies, the colorful characters and designs on the tablemats are sure to catch your attention and amplify your appetite. Easter placemats make for ideal gift items too. You can pass it on to your immediate relatives and friends. If you don't want to shell out money on this popular craft, sewing placemats at home can be your ideal bet. Personalized mats not only give you a sense of satisfaction, but are also a great way to surprise your guests. The Easter placemat not only makes for a great decorative piece, but is also a fun craftwork to indulge in. Some of the designs that might just inspire you to start knitting are decorated eggs, cute little bunnies, fresh blooming white lilies, flowers, etc. While presenting them to someone very dear to you, make sure to color or paint the individuals name on the mat for an extra-personalized touch. Scroll down the article further to know step-by-step procedures to make the perfect Easter placemat.
How To Make Easter Placemats
Here are the steps as to how to make simple Easter crafts, Easter Placemats.
- Begin with collecting a few Easter greeting cards, Easter pictures or photos of your loved ones just in case you want to add a personalized touch to your placemats or theme them like a collage. The best place to look for Easter pictures is in magazine, newspapers or in the internet.
- Once you have collected all the necessary items, cut them in different shapes and sizes to give your placemat an interesting look. After you are done with the cutting, you can start sticking the photos on a cardboard sheet.
- Before you start to glue the pictures, randomly arrange all of them on the sheet, in case you find it hard to mentally visualize the finish product. This will give you a better idea on how your placemat would turn out to be.
- Once you have decided on the perfect arrangements for your picture, you can begin to glue them on the required size of the cardboard paper cutout. If you want to add a sparkle of color to your placemats, then you can use colorful glitter pens to achieve the desired look.
- You could also add funny messages that your loved ones might enjoy reading. After you have completed the task of bedecking your placemat, you can make final additions to your masterpiece. Lastly, ensure to laminate your Easter placemat with a contact paper.