You bought your mother a cook book for last year's mothers' day, but she merely smiled and said, "Thank you, sweetheart!" That was when you realized that either you are bad with gifting ideas or that your mother doesn't like traditional gifts. You sighed over that one and swore you would make this year's mothers' day something very special for her. You debated over creative gifts for several hours, but decided against it because you are unsure whether she might like it. Moreover she already has things she likes, and those which she does not already have, your father is bound to bring for her. Then what can be the best way to treat her on this special occasion? Well, a well-planned get-away filled with fun activities and away from every common and familiar locations is the key. If your mom is adventurous, there can be no better idea than taking her on a family camping trip on the mothers' day. So, go on and make a checklist of all the things you will require for the special day.
Fishing And Camping
Explore this article for information on fishing and camping activities for mother's day.
Fishing And Camping
- The first thing you need to do is to find out the best camping places in or around your city. Do not go with the most well-known and famous camps blindly. Make sure the camp provides facilities you look for. But most importantly, make sure the camp is good enough to cater to your mother's needs rather than yours, because it's her day.
- Once you have found the right camp, you need to make a checklist of all the things which are essential to be carried to a camp. Sunscreen lotions, sunglasses, mosquito repellents, torches (with extra batteries), lengthy ropes, caps, binoculars, flashlights and gloves are top on the list.
- Next you have to enquire about the kind of bedding that is provided by the camp. You don't want your mother sleeping on a slab of stone or on the prickly and grassy ground. There is nothing more putting off than having to lie uncomfortably on a hard flat stone or the stubbly ground in the name of camping.
- Fishing can be a fun experience, if only you do it the right way, and to do it the right way, you need to plan it the right way. Again, you need to enquire the fishing equipment available on the camp. If in doubt, you better carryfishing tackle, fishing gear, fishing supplies, fishing line, fishing reels, fishing rods, fishing lure, igloo coolers, fishing hooks, and tackle boxes.
- One of the major concerns while camping is food and cooking. Enquire about cooking facilities available at the campsite. Generally, camps which include meals and snacks are rather expensive and you do not get to choose your menu and nor do you get to put your cooking abilities out. Depending on the kind of kitchen units available to you on the campsite, decide what you want to cook for your mother on that special day and carry the required utensils along with you. The necessity to carry crisps, biscuits and drinks comes unsaid.