Students who plan to study in Canada have to apply for a visa to get authorization to enter the country for a specific purpose. Visas are issued for different reasons such as education, business, travel etc. A student visa is a temporary permit that is valid only for a certain period. Following its expiry, individuals have to return to their home country or renew the validity of the visa. According to recent statistics, the number of students applying for a Canadian visa has increased owing to various factors. Despite these conditions, there is no guarantee that all applications for a visa will be accepted. Hence, it is necessary that aspiring candidates have to submit the application form with substantial and certified documents that reflect transparency. Read further for an idea and brief understanding on student visa details in Canada.
Visa Requirements For Students Going For Education In Canada
Applying for a student visa is mandatory for a foreign student so as to ensure the start of his study program. Usually this process takes about a month to complete, after which the student knows whether or not he is accepted into the country. The following documents need to be submitted along with the application form:
Read on for information on student visa details, visa tips for international students and visa requirements for students going in for education in Canada.
Student Visa Details In Canada
- Proof of acceptance: Irrespective of the nature of the education institution, the request for study visa would not be permitted without a written letter stating the authorization of admission into a particular course.
- Proof of identity: A valid passport should be produced as evidence of identity, ensuring that the student is a citizen of the mentioned country. Apart from this, two copies of passport size photos should also be submitted.
- Financial evidence: A candidate applying for an education visa has to produce bank/income tax statements that clearly indicate that the applicant will be able to meet the required financial obligations during his stay in Canada. This includes both tuition fee and other living expenses.
- Test Results: Students are required to submit copies of academic mark sheets, certificates, scores of entrance exams such as GRE/GMAT and ToFEL.
- Reference letters: If a person has relevant work experience then he should produce a reference letter from the employer.
- Visa payment: Applicants are requested to submit a bank draft in favor of the Canadian High Commission as a part of the processing fee. Remember that this will not be reimbursed in the event of rejection of the visa.
Visa Tips For International Students Going For Study Programs In Canada
- Candidates who prefer to stay in Canada for a certain period to pursue their education require a temporary resident visa. It is advisable to check with Embassy authorities for further details on this type of visa. Students who undergo internships will also have to obtain a work permit for employment.
- If parents are not sponsoring the study, then appropriate details such as reasons for the sponsors who is funding and relationship with the student must be attached. Self declarations or affidavits by the sponsor would not be accepted as proof of relationship.
- In case the applicants are minors (below 18 years); a legal statement that is authorized and signed by the parents or legal guardian must be submitted. After the visa application is processed by the Embassy, students will receive a formal letter from the High Commission, to attend an interview. The letter typically states the time and date of the session and candidates have to be well-prepared during this encounter. The interview could also be telephonic.
- Lastly, applicants may be asked to undergo a medical examination for physical and mental fitness, before the visa is issued.
once an applicant has gone through the student visa requirements, they must actively begin to prepare for the interview. At this time, they need to be focused keeping in mind their educational goals. Hope this article helped in providing you with the details!