Information on home renovation addition, home remodeling addition and home remodeling idea.
Home Renovation Addition
People dream about building their dream house
someday. There are ways of altering your present house into your dream
house. This will be cheaper than building it from scratch. Making home
renovation additions for a better lifestyle is very common these days.
Most of these home renovation additions not only increases the living
space in your house, making it more comfortable but also increase the
resale value of your house. Most homeowners go in for bathroom or
kitchen renovations. But making remodeling additions is a better idea
that just remodeling the existing structure. Even while making additions
you can do a number of things, you can build another story, you can
change the exteriors of the house, you can make changes within the
house, change your garage etc. Here are a few ideas on home renovation
- You can add an additional bathroom to your house
- You can enlarge an existing bathroom.
- Renovate the master bathroom to create a luxurious bathroom with
a bath, shower and dressing room.
- Adding a bath to the guest room will make it more comfortable and
your guest will have more privacy.
A sunroom allows sunlight and air into the house. While creating a
sunroom you have to decide how you want to use it. The construction of
the sunroom will depend on the way you plan to use the room. Here are a
few options for a sunroom:
- Adding skylights to any room will bring sunlight into the room.
- Add windows to ventilate the sunroom. You can cover the windows
with gray-tint to keep out UV rays and excess heat.
Adding A Second Story:
- Consult a structural engineer or a building contractor before you
decide to build another story.
- The foundation of older homes may need support before building
- The electric system will have to be upgraded to bear the
- Converting the entire second story into a master suite is a
- Many people convert the entire second story into loft for
recreation or a home office or for a children's playroom.
- A second story addition can be used as an art studio or workshop.
By making additions to the garage you can add to the living space in
- The space above the garage can be converted into a private living
space for guests or a live-in parent.
- You can convert the garage into your home office. As it is away
from the house the disturbance from the house will be minimum.
- A garage can be converted into a music studio to nurture budding
talent. Soundproof the garage walls to prevent complaints from the
These are just a few ideas for home remodeling
additions. Only your imagination can limit the renovations that you can
make to your existing house.