A beautiful view from your window can make your day in the morning, but a misty or dirty window can keep you from enjoying the beauty of nature or count your blessings as you start your day. You might have a big glass window in your house to keep up with modern house designs or to enjoy the beauty of rising sun, but this can count for nothing. In order to enjoy looking at the lapping waves of the ocean, or to calm your senses down by looking at snow-capped pine trees or the exotic flowers of the garden, windows need to be clean and clear. A glass window pane should be thoroughly cleaned and polished at least once every year in order to maintain its shiny texture and to get rid of scratches and stains. You can either hire a contract worker to do the job for you, or follow these simple tips on cleaning window. This was you might just save yourself the amount spent on hiring a worker.
How To Clean Windows
Cheer up yourself to clean your glass windows, interior automotive window, sunglass windows and aquarium glasses.
Cleaning Windows & Glass
- Windows and glass panes should be washed and cleaned on a regular basis. While washing a glass window you will have to wash one side with horizontal strokes and the other side with vertical strokes. This is done to mark the side of the window that has a streak.
- In order to get rid of the streak or scratches on large window panes, you can make use of a squeegee on a long handle or a combination of both a sponge and a squeegee.
- Toothpaste can be used to polish small areas of glass in order to get rid of any scratch or stain.
- Make use of a soft toothbrush or cotton swab to clean the corners of the window or a glass pane. Make it a point to wash the windows from top down in order to prevent drips.
- It is advisable to wash window panes on a cloudy day since direct sunlight will only dry the cleaning solution before you even begin to polish the glass. Once the cleaning solution dries out it can leave a permanent mark on the glass.
- If you are look to grace your windows with extra shine, you will have to polish it with a well washed cotton T-shirt or an old cloth diaper. You can also rub a clean blackboard eraser over a freshly washed and dried window pane for that perfect shine.
- The cleansers that you use to clean window panes can pose to be a threat to the woodwork. Therefore, do not let the cleansing solution to drip onto the window sill; it will only affect the paint or the glaze.
- Avoid using wet cloth to clean glass panes since it can leave stains. Paper towels are the best option to clean a window or any other glass or mirror.
- Water stains from a glass window can be removed with the help of a good glass cleaner and steel wool.
- The interior automotive glass windows can be cleaned by spraying a cleaner with mild detergent base. After spraying the cleanser you can wash them until the cleaner completely comes off.
- Aquarium glass can be cleaned from inside using a scrubber pad that will prevent the growth of algae and fungi. You can scrape off tough stains with the help of a plastic blade.
Homemade Glass Cleaning Solutions
Vinegar And Ammonia
Vinegar And Ammonia
- 1 cup of Lemon Ammonia
- 24 oz Windex
- 1 qt Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients into an empty gallon container and mix well.
- Add water to fill the container and then pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 cup Rubbing Alcohol
- Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol evaporates leaving behind no residue. It provides a great base for just about any commercial glass cleaner.
- Pour all ingredients into a spray bottle and use this cleanser to clean not only the windows and glass but also mirrors, chrome fixtures and even stainless steel.