A spacious, welcoming, cozy bathroom space is what every household dreams of. Therefore, if you have a remodelling plan for your bathroom in mind and are wondering how to go about the project, here's help. Remodelling your bathroom is a great way to increase the value of your house; it also adds to the decor of your house. Along with this, remodelling your bathroom will also give you a retreat for you to relax in. Do-it-yourself improvements for a bath not only gives you your money's worth, but also makes the bathroom look extremely good. However, there are also few remodelling projects that you cannot take up since it requires professional knowledge and a lot of experience to deal with. Mentioned below are certain essential tips on do it yourself bathroom repairs and on changing bathroom repairs which require professional help. Surf through the write up to follow for clarity in plan and for new ideas.
Read tips on bathroom do-it -yourself ideas and tips to change bathroom decor.
Do It Yourself Bath
- You need to purchase the right kind of tools and material for the work you are taking up. It does not mean that you should go in for the most expensive item. Look around in different stores, judge for yourself and pick up the right tools that will help serve the purpose.
- It is easy to believe or imagine that you can and will finish all the work by yourself. However, it is not always possible to take up everything and to be able to finish everything all by yourself. Be sure of what you take up and feel free to hire a person for the work which cannot be done alone.
- For cleaning assignments that includes the removal of white crust that forms on the shower doors, use kitchen cleaners and a CLR solution i.e. calcium, lime and rust Spray the solution on the shower door and wipe clean. Use a cloth to get rid of the crust layer immediately.
- The bathroom fixtures can also be made to look new by cleaning them with CLR and a kitchen cleaner. CLR solutions can be used to get rid of soap and mineral deposits from bathroom fixtures.
- Showerheads can get clogged with scaled deposit over a period of time. There is no need to replace the showerhead in case of clogging, rather clean it with a CLR bathroom mixture and warm water. Mix equal amounts of CLR solution and warm water in a cup and put in the showerhead for few minutes and then wash it thoroughly with plain water.
- It is advisable or recommended to change your bathroom decor along with a repair and cleaning project. You can replace or add new things in the bathroom. For instance you can get a new soap dish, add in a potted plant, change the paintings and artwork on the walls or change the towels.
- There are certain repairs or remodelling work that you cannot take up single handily, you will ask for help!
- It is advisable to inspect your bathroom thoroughly before taking up any single remodelling project. Hire a plumber to inspect all plumbing lines for leaks. Once the inspection is over you can make a list of the changes you want to make in your bathroom. This will help you sketch out a fair plan for the work to be done and the budget as well.
- Do not divert from the main goal i.e. the remodelling project. It is quite natural for small and irrelevant work and other hurdles to creep up. Remember, small assignments and hurdles are also part of the bigger project and that your focus and plan should revolve around the bigger motive.
- Hire a reputed and reliable contractor or remodelling company. Hiring a reputed contractor will ensure completion of the work on time. Employ the services of a contractor who has or a remodelling company that has enough experience in the field.
- In case of any layout changes, it is advisable to consult a qualified architect or a home design company. These people are experienced and well educated in making structural changes and will sketch out a design after considering all possibilities.
- A fresh coat of paint can be made the final project in bathroom remodelling. A new coat of paint will make a lot of difference and will only make your bathroom look that much better.