While decorating the interior of a room give importance to every aspect of the room-the lighting, the window treatment and the light in the seating area. Do not overlook the effect proper, elegant lighting can have on a room or the fact that nicely done up windows can enhance the beauty of a room. Here are a few tips on how to select lighting and do up windows to add to the character of the room.
Read information on DIY for lighting, lighting in sitting room and window treatment.
DIY Ideas For Lighting And Window Treatment
- Ensure that the lighting in the bedroom is softer than that in the kitchen and dining room. If you need light to read in the bedroom use bedside lamps.
- Install a small chandelier above your bed. It will add to the style and elegance of the room.
- Use chandeliers that are modern in style. Use ones with a burned gold finish made with round crystals for example.
- Read instructions carefully before installing. If you have a doubt then ask an electrician to do it for you.
- Select candle-bulbs made of translucent glass as this will make the light look like real candlelight.
- Small chandeliers can be used to add character to any room.
- Measure each window before buying curtain material, though windows look a like from far they may measure differently.
- You can take ideas from magazines, paintings etc. and adapt it to fit your home.
- Coordinate colors to match the rest of the room and the Decor in the room.
- Use easy-care polyester. This fabric has a fine finish that makes it look like silk.
- Choose your window drapes with care as they make a big impact on the way the room finally looks.
Seating Area Lighting
- If your sitting room needs light a good option would be to use a ceiling fan with a light.
- As light ceiling fans come in different styles find one that suits the Decor of the room.
- The light from the fan will provide enough light for reading and the air provided by the fan will make the room pleasant.
- Add a dimmer to the ceiling fanlight.