Choosing colors for home is an art and requires knowledge about different paint colors and interior and exterior color shades.
Choosing Colors For Home
The color you choose to paint your room with is the reflection of the colors in your life. The color you choose can influence your moods, your attitude and even your lifestyle. You might ask yourself, if the color I choose is the replica of my mood then why is it so difficult to pick up the right color? It is simple to believe that picking up a favourite color is the solution, but the shade you choose might not go well with your surroundings. Choosing colors for home decoration is indeed an art and calls for some knowledge about the different paint colors. You need to have some basic understanding on the differences between the various shades of color, the difference between exterior and interior paint colors, etc. Remember that color plays an important role in making or breaking the image of a room. Right choice of color can convert a boring room into a lively and welcoming space and vice versa. Go through the points that are to come and master the art of choosing colors for your home.
- The simplest way to do away with the confusion of picking up color is to go with your favourite color. However, it might not be as simple as it sounds. The tone of the color you like might not suit the theme of your room or might not go along with the furniture in the room.
- Colors have the ability to open up or make a room look clustered. Therefore, if the rooms in your house are small, going for a lighter color for the walls and other decor items will only make it look larger. On the other hand, darker colors have the ability to only add to the cosiness of a room.
- Another simple way to pick a suitable color for your room is to get inspired by the furniture and other home decor accessories. Choosing from the colors existing in your room can provide the room with a lot of cohesiveness.
- If it is the first time you are choosing colors for your room, it is advisable to stick to two or three color palettes. Too many colors might confuse you making you pick up the wrong combination.
- Though a coat of plain color can do wonders for your wall, you don't have to stop at that. Make use of stamps, stencils, murals, stripes, blocks and all possible creative ways of painting to make your walls look interesting and a work of soaring imagination.
- The standard color for ceilings for years has been white. But, with changing trends, it is okay to try something away from the ordinary. Let your imagination spread its wings by mixing and matching, and trying out innovative shades for the ceiling.
- Playing safe does not mean not being creative and not trying out new combinations. It is an acceptable fact that small rooms look bigger with light colors, however any amount of light color will not make a very small room look bigger or provide a splendid feeling. So, go right ahead and add some spice to your room.
- Take into consideration the mood of a room before picking a color. For instance, you may want your bedroom to be calm and soothing for which soft, cool and even neutral colors are apt choices. Sociable, stimulating, formal, relaxing, think of the mood you wish a particular room to instigate and then pick up a color shade that will help achieve this objective.
- It is always better to try out the color of your choice on small portions of the wall or on a poster board. Go beyond your comfort zone and try out bold vivid colors for the walls and stronger colors for the ceiling. Trying out colors will help you make the right choice.
- You can even create a contrasting image with the help of two color schemes. In this case one color will take the centre stage and the other color will help provide the wall with much needed sparkle.