Read tips on buying paint rollers, foam paint rollers and paint pads for painting.
Before you begin painting you must have the right tools for the job. One should know what type and quality of paintbrush, paint roller and paint pad to buy. It you have the right tools then the job is done easily and with efficiency. There are a variety of painting tools available in the market and it is difficult to decide which is the right one to buy. Here are a few tips to help you buy the right rollers and paint pads for painting.
- Do not buy cheap use and throw rollers they are a waste of money.
- Buy a ½ inch foam paint roller that makes work efficient and easier. The roller absorbs three to four times the amount of paint than a brush and drips less. Therefore more area is covered in a short time.
- A roller can be used on any surface, with any texture as it is designed to paint any surface. A roller doesn't splatter paint or leave marks in the paint when applied.
- It is best to buy a roller with a nylon center, as it is easy to clean and can be used many times over.
- Rollers with yellow foam are to be used for water-based paint. Grey and blue foam is used for oil-based paints.
- Choose a roller with a frame of heavy plastic or stainless steel. The handle should have a comfortable grip and you should be able to attach an extension pole to it. Get an extension pole that is 4 feet long, this will allow you to paint the ceiling while standing on the floor. Ensure that the handle is of fiberglass as; it will let you know how much pressure you are applying on it, when it bends under pressure.
- To paint corners use corner rollers that are pointed in the ends and are easy to paint narrow corners. The other option is to use mini rollers that only 4 inches wide.
- Buy a 4-inch paint pad this is a multifaceted tool. This plastic pad has a short, broad handle that is scientifically designed to reduce fatigue and maintain optimal productivity. The pad has foam that holds three times more paint than an ordinary brush. The surface is broader than that of a brush. The face has bristles that are perfect to paint flat areas like trims. The bristles are short hence the paint does not dry easily. The pad splashes and drips less.