The porch, deck and patio can be made bright and inviting by adding color to the lifeless cement or wood. The dull and uninteresting patio in the backyard can be turned into a space with energy and dazzling style, by decorating it with a few bright colorful paints. Once this is done this areas will be the center of all parties in the house. Bring the outdoor concrete or wooden patio alive by painting it with vibrant colors and designs. Create your own seaside using paints and following the instructions given below.
Things you require:
Read about painting outdoor concrete patio, how to decorate a patio and painting concrete patio.
Painting Outdoor Concrete Patio
- Painter's tape
- Water spray bottle
Instructions for painting:
- Paint the concrete wall in a color of your choice.
- Take a rug and place it against the wall and mark off the perimeter of the rug with painter's tape.
- Inside the tape with your free hand draw an uneven border of the rug with chalk.
- Pain this area with a dark colored paint. Use quick short strokes.
- Cut out patterns of the sun, shells and starfish in cardboard.
- Keep the sun cut out in the middle of the rug and draw its outline in chalk. Do the same for the shells and starfish.
- Fill the designs drawn in chalk on the rug with some color that is neither too bright nor too light.
- Once this paint dries up, make a palette of all the colors you want to use. Dip a brush in one color and paint with it till the color dries up, then dip another brush in a different color of paint and use it till it dries. Continue this till you have used all the colors on the palette. Blend in the edges of the colors so that the finish is smooth. Use dark colors for the background that will contrast with the light colored designs inside.
- Take off the painter's tape and with the chalk draw tassels for the rug. Then use different colors to make the yarns of the rug.
- After the entire painting dries up, apply a coat of polyurethane over the outer limit of the painting. This coat will prevent chemical damage to the paint.