Read about information on Masters Degree programs in Germany for International Students, postgraduate programs and postgraduate degrees in Germany.
Masters Degree Programs In Germany
The German educational system is considered as one of the best in Europe and it is home to around 300 universities. The quality oriented graduate and post graduate disciplines attract students, scientists and researchers from all over the world to pursue their higher education/career in this country. A Masters program is typically a postgraduate course of one or two years. Currently, there are over 150 programs that are offered at colleges and universities in Germany. Some of them are engineering, software, science, arts, environmental science, politics, European business, history, linguistic studies, medicine, biology, chemistry and mathematics. owing to these varied courses, the market has tremendous job opportunities for aspiring professionals. The German education system is designed in such a way that it allows foreign students to nurture their best interests. Read more about the attractive postgraduate programs in Germany.
Post Graduate Programs In Germany
There are two types of Master's programs available. They are:
- Courses based on preceding courses from the same subject area or related fields.
- Courses that act as supplementary post graduate programs that aim to offer students knowledge of other subjects.
It must be noted that German universities offer post-graduation in both German and English mediums. As mentioned, the duration of most Master's Degree courses is two years or four semesters. Some may even be of a year long.
In order to enroll for a degree in Germany, you need to have a university degree or higher education qualification degree. Usually, a four years Bachelor's degree is the eligibility criteria for a post graduate course, but some universities also accept a study of a three year undergraduate program.
- Students can avail application forms from international offices of their respective universities. This way they can also get adequate information through the German Academic Exchange Service.
- The filled in forms need to be submitted along with valid copies of necessary documents. Those applying to a Management course need to give in their GMAT scores while those interested in an Engineering degree need to submit their GRE results.
- Certificates showing proficiency in English must be enclosed along with the application form if the student chooses to study in an English medium institution.
- Admission to German colleges is granted on the basis of previous academic records and entrance exam scores such as GMAT and GRE. Since this varies with universities, students need to enquire about each program separately. All questions can be directed to international offices and centers. The German Academic Exchange has a catalog of offices on its website (DAAD).
Given below, are a list of documents that must be attached along with the application form:
- Certificate of higher and senior secondary schools.
- Bachelor's Degree certificate.
- Diploma course certificate, if any.
- Work experience certificate, if required.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certificate showing scores of examinations taken up in home country.
German educational degrees are among the highly acclaimed in the world. It is well reputed among employers and academic centers worldwide and these degrees can offer excellent job options in the long run.