Many opportunities are available for students who wish to go to college or university in Italy. This website gives you various pieces of information and it can help you choose your future too! The bachelor degrees in Italy are a four-year program consisting of 40 courses (120 credit hours) including majoring in any field. The requirements for this course include a basic degree or its equivalent that is deemed by the faculty as an essential discipline. In addition to core requirements, students select electives that support the core program and courses in other discipline areas of particular interest. There are also many alternate scholarships and funding available to foreign student. Whether your field of interest lies in science, arts, humanities, accounts or even business studies, we have all the details here! Go through the next section to gain further insights in pursuing a bachelor's degree in Italy.
Undergraduate Programs In Spain
The academic calendar typically comprises of two semesters. The first semester begins in September-october and goes on until January-February. The second semester commences in the month of February and continues till July. The dates are relative and vary according to different universities and the course structure. Each semester lasts for around 20 weeks irrespective of when it begins or ends. This is divided into a teaching period of 14 weeks and an exam period of 6 weeks.
Exams are held as usual, after the teaching period. These are mainly oral exams even though a few courses have written tests during the course of the semester. Sometimes, the written tests could be conducted before the oral exam. The good news for aspiring students is that each exam will be conducted on different dates. So there is an opportunity for students to choose a time most suitable to them. Aspirants are also at liberty to negate a mark and retake exams if they are not content with their outcome. of course, there are a set of rules which govern as to how often a student can appear for a particular exam within a given time period.
The assessments are graded according to a scale ranging from 0 to 30. Therefore, anything above 18 is considered as a pass mark. A "cum laude" is added to the highest grade (30 e lode) and this indicates special distinction. All the results are used to calculate the general degree mark which is rated between 0 and 110. In all cases, the final result is given in context to exam results as well as the presentation of a project or dissertation in front of the Board of Examiners. The pass score is 66 and a student who achieves a full 110 is awarded a 'summa cum laude' (which is depicted as '110 e lode').
The subject areas covering the whole of university education are as follows; health, humanities, sciences, social studies, technology. Further sub-division is mentioned as follows:
If you are aspiring to continue your bachelor's degree in Italy, then read through the following section and find relevant information about bachelor's programs in Spain.
Bachelor Programs in Italy
- Human medicine & surgery
- Midwifery, nursing, physio-and-rehabilitation therapy, preventive care, technical sanitary assistance
- Arts (performing, visual, fashion, music),
- Cultural heritage, education, geography, history
- Italian and classical/oriental studies, language mediation (applied foreign languages, interpreting, translating)
- Modern languages and cultures (glottology, linguistics, literature, philology, etc.)
- Agriculture, animal production & husbandry
- Biology, biotechnology
- Environmental Sciences, natural sciences forestry
- Food Industry
- Maths, physics, statistics, etc.;
- Administration, business, communication, cooperation & development
- Defence & security
- Economics, law, physical education & sports,
- Psychology, political science and international relations, social service & sociology, tourism.
- Architecture & building engineering
- Design (industrial)
- Engineering (civil, industrial, information)
- Regional & environmental planning, urban planning, etc.
Hope this section on bachelor's degree in Italy has helped you decide which course would suit you the best.