Fathers are a special blessing from God bestowed upon us. Such is their importance in our lives that they second mothers, only because they give birth to new lives. Fathers undergo all sorts of troubles and pains to raise their children in the best possible way. For all the worries they have been experiencing right from our birth, Father's Day comes as a wonderful occasion to honor them. Though we love and care for our dad, we often miss out ways to convey our feelings to them. As such, this day is celebrated with high spirits and magnificence to pay a tribute to fatherhood. If you have just been wondering what to gift your dad on this day, we bring a special crown to make him feel wanted. With a personalized crown made just for him, your dad is sure to feel like a king. And that's exactly what you want from your dad on this special occasion, right! Do not wait further. Let him know your sentiments for him and go ahead with making a Father's Day crown. Simply follow the easy instructions listed below to ease your task of making a sweet yet beautiful crown for Father's Day.
Make your father feel royal by preparing a crown for him on Father's Day. Father's Day Crown is a simple craft activity, which can be very easily followed by children.
Father's Day Crown
- Aluminum Foil
- Glazed Paper (in different colors)
- Sequins, Glitter
- Dad's Hat
- Piece of Newspaper
- Cut out a strip, measuring about one inch wide, from the whole length of the newspaper. Use this to measure the circumference of your dad's head. Take the newspaper strip and place it around the inside of the hat. (Keep one end still with your thumb and cover the band part inside all the way around. Tear off any extra). This is how long your crown will be to fit your father perfectly.
- Cut the flat parts of the cardboard box apart into panels. Place the two big panels next to each other. Use the newspaper cutout strip as a "newspaper ruler" to determine how long a piece of cardboard you will require. Trim off any extra length.
- Cut another piece from the newspaper, measuring about five inches wide. This way, you will have a long rectangle placed in front of you. Starting from one end, fold the rectangle about three inches over. Continue to fold the entire paper into three-inch sections.
- When it is all folded, cut a "V" shape into the top of one of the short sides. Open the paper and you will get a crown pattern.
- Trace the pattern onto the cardboard and cut it out. Carefully cover the crown with aluminum foil. Cut mock jewels from glazed paper and glue them on the crown. Also paste sequins or glitter on the hat for a more appealing look. After you are done with finishing the decoration, staple both the ends of the crown together.
- Cover the pointy sides of the staple pins with tape so that they do not pull your dad's hair while. Alternatively, you can staple such that the pointy sides are on the outside of the crown.
- Your Father's Day crown is ready! Present it to your dad at breakfast on Father's Day. Do not forget to click a picture to capture the sweet moments.