Gifts serve as the best way to express your emotions, especially on a day as special as Father's Day. While older children can buy a gift from the market, for little kids, the best bet would be to make one at home, as most often, they do not get enough pocket money and end up spending whatever they are handed over with. Besides, handmade gifts have several additional benefits - not only do they express a child's feelings completely, they also make a father feel proud and delighted of his kid. So what better than a homemade craft can be to convey your heartiest feelings and thoughts for your lovely dad! In the following lines, we have provided some Father's Day craft for kids. Go through them and make one for your Father's Day greeting card, as a gift.
Father's Day Craft Ideas For Children
On Father's Day, kids can amaze their dad with craft making. Go through this article to learn Father's Day craft ideas for children.
Father's Day Crafts For Kids
- Glue (hot glue works well)
- Photo (for framing)
- Collect four bunches of twigs, with 6-8 twigs in each bunch.
- Make sure that two bunches are about 2 inches longer than the photo and the other two are about 2 inches wider than the photo.
- Arrange the twigs so that they surround the photo and extend outward, about an inch, in each direction.
- Tie the twigs at each corner, using twine or string, giving it an "X" pattern.
- Using hot glue, fix the photo onto the back of your twig frame.
- Glue a small loop of string to the top batch of twigs, for hanging the photo.
- Your twig frame, with your dad's photo, is ready for gifting!
Thankful Wreath of Leaves
- Plain White Paper Plate
- Construction Paper (orange, red, yellow, brown, and other earth tones)
- Crayons or Markers
- Glue or Glue Stick
- With the help of scissors, cut a half circle out of the center of a plain paper plate. It will hold the leaves.
- From the construction paper, cut out leaves for the wreath. Draw the leaf veins also. If you wish, you can use a leaf template.
- Using glue, fix the leaves around the rim of the paper plate.
- In the lower center of the wreath, write a short message for your dad like "I am thankful for ..."
- On the top of the wreath, write "Lovely Dad", "World's Best Dad", or "For a Loving Pa".
- Lastly, if you wish, you can use glitters to decorate the wreath.
- It's now time to present the thankful wreath to your father!