On special occasions like Father's Day, the market is flooded with a plethora of flowers, greeting cards, and several gift items. Most of the children go to the market and purchase an adorable and expensive gift for their dad. On this Father's Day, think different in your approach towards pleasing your dad. Move out of the usual track of buying a gift and presenting it to your dad. Rather, spare some time and make efforts to give your father a handmade gift. Handmade gifts are more worthy than the ones brought from the market. They also prove to be very effective in expressing the depth of love and affection that you nurture for your father. Make this Father's Day a memorable and cherished one by presenting your dad with a handmade craft as gift.
Handmade Craft Ideas For Father's Day
Make Father's Day memorable by giving your dad a homemade gift. In this article, we have provided handmade craft ideas for Father's Day.
Homemade Father's Day Crafts
- Ceramic Containers (like mugs or glasses)
- Gel Wax
- Candle Wicks
- Pot (for melting wax)
- Candle Scent and Color (non alcohol-base)
- Sharp Scissors
- Take a pencil and twine the wick around it, leaving some of the wick free to reach the bottom part of the candle container. Make sure that it goes straight down in the center of the container.
- Rest the pencil, with the twined wick, on the center of the container, allowing the twine to reach the bottom.
- Melt the wax, cutting it into cubes beforehand.
- Add color and scent to the melted wax, ensuring that they do not make it cloudy.
- Once the wax melts completely, pour the gel wax into the container.
- Fill the container, leaving some space in the top of the container. Make sure that the wick takes the center point of the container.
- Keep the container aside and let it cool for sometime.
- Before giving the candle to your dad, tie a piece of a ribbon around it. You can also write a Father's Day message in a piece of paper and attach it to the candle.
- 1 bottle Sparkling 3-d Glitter Paint
- 4 mm Round Beads, in assorted colors
- Baby's Breath Flowers, in assorted colors
- Glue Gun
- Multi-colored Leaves
- Star Flowers Decorations, in assorted colors
- Use chalk to make a pattern on the lampshade.
- Place small floweret on the top brim of the lampshade, clusters of flowers on the bottom edge of the lampshade, leaves at random and round beads as rocks at the bottom.
- Use glue gun to stick the flowers, leaves and beads into place.
- Use glitter paint to fill in the spaces between the flowers and add some sparkle to the lampshade.