Read about electricity safety tips, kitchen appliance safety and fuses safety.
Electricity Safety Tip
Life without electricity is impossible to imagine. However electrical safety is everyone's responsibility because while it is useful in many ways it can harm you equally. Electrical safety should start from the scratch. In everyday life, every time you even think of touching anything connected to an electrical circuit, safety should come first. Electric testers are now easily available so you can test circuits and electric appliances before purchasing them. Remember to test electric appliances that are old or seem worn out. Electric goods can create trouble and can be dangerous during bad weather. Hurricanes, floods or even heavy rains can lead to a short circuit. It would be a good idea to check wiring of a new house when you purchase one. Even if you are shifting into a new place always remember to check the wiring of the house. Good wiring can prevent a lot of hazards. Electricity though useful to us in more than one way, can be dangerous if not used with adequate precautions. Read on for must-follow electricity safety tips to protect your family when using electricity.
- As far as possible get all faulty electrical appliances repaired by a licensed electrician. By doing this you can avoid accidents that might occur, if you try to do the job by yourself.
- Using faulty electrical appliances is as dangerous as touching a live wire with your bare hands. It is advisable to replace your appliances when they get weary with use; there is an increased threat of a short circuit if an appliance is too old.
- While purchasing a second hand appliance, make sure that it is checked and certified by a qualified electrician. Double check it and only then go for it. It is wiser to buy new appliances than second hand ones.
- Avoid leaving any electrical appliances such as washing machines, ovens, heaters, etc. on, when you leave home.
- Follow the manufacturers' instructions on servicing electronic goods periodically. Keep a check on the working conditions of electric goods that you use. If you notice even little damage, get it repaired immediately.
- Do not try to repair electric appliances on you own. It can turn out to be a disaster or worse, it can lead to accidents.
- Clean your kitchen electrical appliances on a regular basis because the same can get dirty and greased due to constant exposure to oil and heat.
- Make it a habit to unplug your electrical toaster and electrical cooker as soon as you switch it off.
- Never try to touch the appliances with wet hands.
- Before you leave the kitchen, ensure that your kitchen appliances are switched off.
- Do not keep any of your electric kitchen aids near water sources.
- Ensure that there are no braches or shrubs near switchboards.
- While rewiring the fuses, take great care to ensure that your main switch is switched off.
- Hire a professional electrician to check the fuses and main switchboards on a regular basis.
- Do not use any appliances in the bathroom unless they are specially designed for bathrooms and are 100% waterproof.
- Use the right bulb for the right lighting purpose. If voltage fluctuates in your area use a good stabilizer for your appliances.
- Don't run electric cords or wires under the rug!
- For an extra safety measure you can keep an all-purpose fire extinguisher at home. It is always handy.
- If you are going out for many days remember to cut off the power supply of your house by switching off the main switch.
- Do not plug in too many appliances together or in the same cord.
- Do not plug in your mobile for charging and talk on the phone at the same time, it is very unsafe!
Keep these factors in mind and you can keep yourself and your family members safe. Prevention any day is better than cure.