House fire prevention tips keep a house protected from accidental fires. Everyone must take fire safety steps to prevent fire accidents and deaths in their homes. At home fires are caused due to malfunctioning of electrical appliances, careless smoking, children being careless with fire, etc. Fire deaths account for a large number of deaths by accidents. People can lose their life and property at any place and time. We are bounded with electronic and fire threats every time, so it is better to be safe than sorry There are two major reasons for the loss of human life, one is natural death or death due to natural calamities, and the other is death due to accidents. We must take fire safety measures to ensure that there are no accidents at home. Fire safety suggestions include simple things to keep your home secure and safe. It is very important to take fire safety precautions and every responsible adult should take care of this. Children must also be aware of fire safety precautions. Read on for house fire safety tips and follow them to live in a house free from the threat of fire.
House Fire Safety Tips
Read here to get yourself exposed to the simple fire safety ideas and tips.
- Invest in good quality fire extinguishers. Train yourself and also teach other members of the family to use the fire extinguisher.
- Make provisions for a fire exit door in the house, which you can use in case of an emergency.
- Fire burns for long time and spreads faster when there is an uninterrupted supply of oxygen. So, if there is a fire in your house, run outside the house and close all doors and windows. This will reduce the supply of oxygen and the fire will reduce gradually.
- If your clothes catch fire then lie down on the floor and start rolling. This will put the fire out.
- Installing fire sensors or detectors inside the house is a good idea.
- Don't wear loose fitting or synthetic clothes while cooking, the same can catch fire easily.
- Do not allow children to keep candles or incense in their rooms.
- Teach your children how to unlock windows and doors prior to times of emergencies.
- If you are burning dry leaves or woods at the back of your house don't forget to put water on its ash.
- Install a smoke alarm at your house. It is a must for home fire safety. Half of the deaths caused by fire are caused because people never saw a need to install smoke alarms at home.
- If you have the habit of smoking, then don't forget to have an ash tray around.
- Fire alarm systems are another safety device that keeps you away from accidents caused by fire.
- Always check the knobs of gas stoves after cooking and make sure that they are closed. Along with this also switch off the cylinder properly.
- If your house has two-three floors, then place a fire extinguisher on every floor. Have a separate fire extinguisher for kitchen also.
- In the winter season most of the deaths occur because of fire heaters. Check to see if your fire heater is properly installed and there is no piece of paper or cloth near, since this can easily catch fire.
- Avoid using many connections in one socket. This only increases the risk of fire.
- Keep lighters and match-boxes away from the reach of children.
- At the time of using fireworks at your place always be careful. Don't wear clothes that easily catch fire and keep a bucket of water nearby. Apart from this don't leave your child alone when he or she is bursting crackers.
Home safety is very important for all of us. Follow these tips and keep your home from fires of any sort.