Here are some tips for peaceful living in small home, how to create a peaceful home retreat and natural calm home setting.
Peaceful Living In Small Home
How many times have you walked past those wide lanes just to have a look at those posh homes you wished you were lucky enough to live in? How many times did you make up reasons for not holding a party at your house? How many times have you fretted about having a small home? Don't worry, life is more than this. Your home is meant to help you relax instantly and lessen stress in your life. It is meant to calm you down and provide you with relief. The confines of your home bars the chaoses of the world outside, helping you find your inner harmony. It really matters not whether your house is big or small. There are ways to make your small house feel like heaven. Here are some tips on the art of peaceful living in a small home and enjoying your very own home retreat with a naturally calm setting.
- Create visual feasts for your eyes. Use accessories that evoke peace and calm in a person. Consider using a landscape painting for this very purpose.
- Views such as gardens and open spaces through open curtains of a window provide depth to our line of vision.
- Cool and calm colors make your home look more welcoming and peaceful.
- Muted tones of taupes, yellows, greens, browns and other such earthy colors can help make your room look a lot more relaxed.
- You may also want to try painting trims, walls and ceilings in a single color, just like spas.
- TV viewing takes most of our precious time. It also disturbs our sleep patterns. So make it a point to fix a time for watching television. Always remember to zip up the cover when you are not watching it. This way, you can stay away from watching too much TV.
- Silence, the gurgling sound of water or a fast flowing river and the rhythmic sounds of classical music can be really soothing for the ears. So, try and use items that recreate these natural sounds for you.
- Try to use your bedroom only for sleeping and nothing else.
- Keep your computer, TV, exercising equipments and books in other rooms, if possible, or at least hide them away in drawers or entertainment centers. Make sure you lock them away while sleeping. This will ensure that they do not divert your attention.
- Organized, orderly, neat and clean homes immediately put us at ease. Assign specific places to all the items in your house and make sure they are always kept in those places. Make your bed regularly, hang the towels in their places, and clean counters and stove tops. This helps immensely in relieving stress from your life.
- Oriental and Asian decor often incorporate natural elements such as wood, different textures of stone and lots of indoor and outdoor plants. As a result, it creates a naturally calm setting that promotes a sense of harmony and serenity. So, why not try and adopt similar decors?
Remember this: it is not so much about the amount of space you have that matters as much as what you create out of the small space available to you. So, step up and make your cute little house a peaceful retreat.