Hi Readers, read further to know about different tips for electrical and plumbing fittings for your bathrooms.
Mechanical Systems Of Bathrooms
Gone are the days when a house was looked at as only a peaceful place to get back to and relax after work or a shelter from nature. Today, with an increase in attention given to architecture and related disciplines, and with a widening market that promotes home and living appliances, houses have become the reflections of a person's tastes, style and status. There are new and modern designs, both for interiors and exteriors, hitting the market every day. If you have a remodelling project for your house in mind, in order to catch up with changing styles, mechanical systems in your bathroom are what you need to be careful about. Plumbing and electrical installations are the two chief factors of mechanical systems to consider when giving a new shape to your bathroom. Mechanical systems pertaining to plumbing and electrical parts call for special skills and knowledge. Mentioned below are few simple but essential tips that will come handy when dealing with the mechanical systems of bathrooms, scroll down!
- Plumbing makes for one of the most important concerns while remodelling a bathroom, you will need to have proper knowledge on the same. It usually requires tearing up the subfloor in order to get to the pipes.
- An ideal bathroom layout should have the rough plumbing pipes, water supply pipes and drain-waste vent pipes in one single wall. The plumbers call this wall the 'wet wall'. The wet wall will not only help you save on material but will also make repair work convenient.
- It is advisable to pick up cast iron pipes instead of rigid plastic pipelines for replacing old pipes in your bathroom. Cast iron pipes provide longer life than the normal plastic finish pipes.
- Make it a point to stuff a piece of old cloth in any waste pipe that is open in order to prevent sewer gases from leaking. If you have a bathtub in your bathroom, it might require doubling, especially when notching beams and drainpipes have no proper flow.
- It is better to take advice from the local construction administrator to estimate the load your bath tub can create. Based on the information you can make necessary arrangements.
- The same rule applies to electrical fittings and repairs in your bathroom. It is advisable to understand properly the principles of wiring before beginning electrical work of any sort.
- The remodelling electricity work in the bathroom might include running new lines from the repair panel to the bathroom. You may also have to attach the new wire lines to the existing circuit. Therefore, proper knowledge on the wiring in your house is necessary.
- The scrap of drywall or tiles should be used to set boxes to the finished ceiling wall. You should nail junction boxes to the wall studs and joists to switches or where outlets or lights are mounted.
- In case of any confusion, make a diagram of the wiring scheme in your head to avoid accidents of any kind. You might have to pull in new wires or repair the old circuit. This can prove to be complicated, but a designed frame can prove to be quite helpful.
- A ground fault circuit interrupter is one of the most essential requirements for a bathroom. It is important to install 'GFCI' since it prevents electric shocks by shutting down a circuit when a “short” interrupts normal current flow.
- You might even have to relocate the heat run while remodelling your bathroom. You may not require a permit to do this. However, if you never had a heat run and are planning to set up a new project, it is important to calculate the heat load.
- If the ductwork is made out of tin, you will require special tools to bend it and fit new pieces. If you have not ever worked with a ductwork, or if you don't have the required tools, it is advisable to contact a heating contractor to relocate the run.