In the menu list of Easter cookie recepies, the most special place is reserved for the recipe of apricot square cookies. Apricot squares for Easter is a very easy to make cookie recipe, which is just awesome in taste. During the Easter festivity, its like chocolate chocolate everywhere, then be it chocolate Easter eggs or chocolate Easter bunny cake. In this scenario this Apricot square cookie recipe is like a very pleasant change. Read further to learn as to how to cook this yummy apricot squares receipe for Easter...
Here are the steps as to how to cook the recipe of apricot squares cookies. Read about Easter cookie receipe/ recepie.
Apricot Squares For Easter
- 1/2 cup (c) shortening
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 ea Egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/2 ts cinnamon
- 1 pn cloves
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 c apricot preserves
- Take about 1/2 cup shortening and cream it.
- Add on sugar to it and continue creaming till it becomes fluffy.
- Add eggs and lemon juice and beat them well.
- Take a bowl and put all the dry ingredients in it for sifting with milk.
- Take a well-greased pan and spread the batter prepared but only half the quantity.
- Add on apricot preserves to it for covering purpose.
- Put the remaining half batter into it.
- Bake the batter for nearly half an hour at a temperature of 400 degrees.
- When the color of the mixture has turned golden, take it out from the oven for cooling it. Once the batter has cooled down, cut them in the shape of squares.