Father's Day is the time to celebrate fatherhood and show your affection and gratitude towards your beloved dad. He is the person to whom your life is indebted to, to a great extent, for the selfless service he has been rendering you ever since you came to this world. There is no doubt that, with Father's Day approaching nearer, you must have planned some great evening surprises for him. How about being a little innovative in your approach and donning the chef's cap on Father's Day to make your dad feel the extent of your love? However, this does not mean you have to wake your daddy up for an early morning breakfast. Instead, let him have a sound sleep until he desires only to be served a delicious brunch later on - by far, the greatest option to impress and please your father. On this Father's Day, go ahead and prepare some delicious brunch recipes for your dad and let him relish his day to the fullest.
Brunch Recipes For Father's Day
A good way of celebrating Father's Day is to make brunch for your dad. Read on to explore brunch recipes for Fathers Day.
Father's Day Brunch Recipes
- 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1¼ cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Egg (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir, until both the mixtures blend properly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Cheese and Chicken Empanadas
- 2 frozen Pie Shells (thawed)
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp coarse Salt
- 1 tbsp dark Chili Powder
- ½ cup Monterey Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Chicken (shredded and cooked)
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (diced)
- ½ tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Red Onion (minced)
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Combine all the ingredients for filling in a large bowl and mix well. Refrigerate the mixture.
- Roll out the pie shells on a floured surface and cut into 4-inch circles (use all the pie dough by re-rolling the scraps).
- Place 2 tbsp of cheese and chicken mixture in the center of the dough circles.
- Fold each circle in half and fold the edges with a fork, forming an empanada.
- Place the empanadas on a baking pan or cooking sheet and brush the tops with egg yolk.
- Sprinkle salt and chili powder on the empanadas.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes at 400 °F.
- Serve warm.
Chicken Barbecue and Slaw Sandwiches
- 3 Chicken Breast Halves (bone-in)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Onion (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 4 cups Cabbage (thinly sliced or chopped)
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Celery Seeds
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Beat together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl. Keep the prepared sauce aside.
- Take a glass-baking dish and lay the chicken breasts in it.
- Pour the prepared sauce over chicken, turning the pieces to coat on all sides evenly.
- Turn the chicken pieces skin-side up.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for an hour.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, stir together cabbage, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to make the slaw. Set aside.
- Discard the chicken skin and pull the tender meat off the bones.
- Place the meat in a saucepan.
- Scrape the sauce out of the baking dish and stir into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat and warm chicken until hot.
- Halve the hamburger slices.
- Place some chicken mixture on each halved bun.
- Top with some slaw and cover with the second half.
- Press firmly to stick together.
- Serve thereafter.