Sweet potato casserole makes a perfect side dish for all occasions and celebrations. The sugary, soft and juicy sweet potatoes can be easily blended into any meal, whether you are making snacks, lunch, dinner, or even a dessert. Particularly for festivals and holidays, sweet potato casserole is a preferred delicacy by most people. Father's Day is approaching soon and you would obviously want to treat your father with the best food on the house. This delectable and mouth-watering accompaniment is sure to lift the entire mood of enjoying a family dinner on this delightful day. Moreover, your dad will be surprised and astonished to see you prepare this dish, and not your mom. So, here's presenting you two recipes for baking an utterly delicious sweet potato casserole. Read on.
Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe has been specially chosen for those fathers who are vegetarian. On Father's Day delight your father by preparing this recipe over dinner
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 8 cups Sweet Potato (cubed)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Layer sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them. Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes turn tender. Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and transfer into a baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar and flour in a separate bowl.
- Cut in the butter and mix until it gets coarse.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.
Eggless Sweet Potato Casserole
- 6 Sweet Potatoes (cooked, peeled and mashed)
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ½ tsp ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Butter (melted)
- ¾ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¾ cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish and keep aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, orange juice, vanilla, white sugar, salt, 3 tbsp butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into the greased casserole dish.
- To make the topping, beat butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans together.
- Spread over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the mixture is steaming hot.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.