Celebrated across the globe with intense splendor and grandeur, Father's Day falls on the third Sunday of June in US and other parts, though it is observed on various other dates in different countries. A day to honor fatherhood, this special day celebrates the special relationship of a father with his children. A person, who has been a support and guide throughout his life for his kids, should deserve a tribute and honor on this wonderful occasion. Thus, it becomes our duty to express our gratitude and appreciation towards him. While some children resolve to present flowers and gifts to their dad, others prepare gifts at home weeks before its arrival. Some, on the other hand, try their hands on cooking up their dad's favorite dish. If your father is a chicken aficionado, then he would love to gorge on juicy and luscious roasted chicken. Go through the following lines for roasted chicken recipes.
Classic Roasted Chicken
Roasted Chicken is an all time favorite dinner recipe. Tingle the taste buds of your father by preparing this recipe on the occasion of Father Day
Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 7 lb Chicken
- 2 heads Garlic (separated into cloves)
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250 °C.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix chicken, garlic, olive oil, and rosemary.
- Place it in the oven without lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover with lid and continue baking for one hour, until chicken turns tender.
- Peel off the skin from the roasted garlic and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces and place on a warmed platter.
- Skim fat from juices and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Decorate with peeled roasted garlic and serve with vegetables and potatoes.
Butter Roast Chicken
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) broiler/fryer Chicken (cut up)
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp crushed dried Rosemary
- 1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Place chicken pieces in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken at 325 °F for 1½ hours, or until the juices run clear. Baste the chicken with its juices occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Spicy Honey-Roasted Chicken
- 1 (6 pound) whole roasting Chicken
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Combine together honey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic powder together.
- Rub this mixture over the chicken evenly.
- Baste the chicken with melted butter generously.
- Oats the chicken in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until the skin starts turning brown. Baste the chicken with its juices in between the roasting.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 °F (175 °C) and roast again for about 1½ to 2 hours until the meat is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear.
- Continue basting occasionally during roasting.
- Test the meat by inserting a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh. It should read 180 °F (80 °C).
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before you slice and serve.