Amongst all the festivals and occasions celebrated across the world, one such special day is Father's Day which honors and pays a tribute to fathers. It is observed on the third Sunday of June by US and some other countries, while most nations mark it on different dates. For all the care and affection that our father has showered upon us, Father's Day is just one of the many days to thank them and express our sincere gratitude towards them. With this, many children buy flowers, greeting cards, and different cards to convey their heartfelt wishes to their dad. You can even bake some fresh cookies for your father and delight him up. Buttermilk cookies are delicious and juicy treats that are spiced up with thick frosting and gently sprinkled with walnuts. Sure to melt your Father's mouth and heart as well! Take a look at the recipes listed below for baking up juicy and utterly delicious buttermilk cookies.
On the occasion of Father's Day prepare fresh baked buttermilk cookies and share them with your father. We have provided the recipe to help you do that.
Buttermilk Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted Butter (chilled and diced)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter to the mixture and blend well.
- Add buttermilk and stir to form a thick batter.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- ½ cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 3½ cups Confectioners' Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup finely chopped Walnuts
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat until light and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat again.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add to the creamed mixture, alternating with buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop the tablespoons of the batter on greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 °F for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges turn light brown.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- To make the frosting, beat together butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost the cookies and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if you desire so.
- Allow the frosting to settle and serve thereafter.