Everyone wishes to do something different and unique on Father's Day that will set them apart from what the rest of the world does. Hopefully, you are amongst the first lot who wants to impress your dad and convey your love and affection in the most unique manner. After all, with an occasion like Father's Day that honors fatherhood round the corner, you can't afford to miss this opportunity at any cost. Talking about uniqueness, you can cook up a meal for your dad, but everyone would be doing that, isn't it? While the rest of the kids are busy making continental and foreign dishes, switch to Indian cuisines with the famous Hyderabadi biryani. Hyderabadi biryani is sure to add more stars to your Father's Day celebration. By learning how to make this lip-smacking and luscious delicacy, you can steal your dad's heart and gift him a dinner that he will remember for lifetime. Know how to make Hyderabadi biryani by browsing through the following simple instructions. Good luck and have a gala time biting on juicy meat, along with the perfectly cooked rice.
Hyderabadi Biryani is a very famous recipe. On Father's Day savor this recipe with your father over dinner.
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
- 1 kg boneless Mutton
- ½ kg Basmati Rice
- 2 Onions
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ kg Curd
- 6 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 6 Green Chilies (ground into fine paste)
- 2 Cloves
- 10 g Cinnamon
- 4 whole Cardamoms
- Handful of Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 12 Mint Leaves
- A pinch of Saffron (immersed in water)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 cup Oil
- Salt (as per taste)
- Wash the meat thoroughly and chop into small pieces.
- Marinate the meat with ginger-garlic paste and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Slice the onions into thin long pieces and fry them in oil till they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain them completely. Keep aside to cool.
- After cooling, crush the onions finely with your hand.
- Combine curd, ¾ part of crushed fried onions, red chilly powder, green chilly paste, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, and remaining oil from the skillet. Add this mixture to the marinated meat and blend well. Keep aside for one hour.
- Cook the basmati rice. When the rice is half cooked remove it from the stove.
- Place the marinated meat in a large cooking utensil.
- Drain out the water completely and spread the half cooked rice over the marinated meat.
- Upon the rice layer, spread lime juice, saffron water, ghee, and remaining crushed onions.
- Cover the utensil with a lid tightly and cook on a very low flame for half an hour.
- Serve hot.