Father's Day is an occasion that celebrates fatherhood. Similar to Mother's Day that is celebrated to honor mothers and elderly women, Father's Day is also observed to pay a tribute to fathers and all old men who have rendered their lives in supporting us. Fathers hold a significant position in every child's life as they help in the upbringing, just like a mother does. They take care of our emotional and financial needs. And they have always conferred upon us with their undying love, care, and affection. So, on this day, it is our turn to thank them for all they have done and express our heartiest feelings and thoughts for them. To begin with, men have always loved food and yearned for different varieties. Since it is a special day, you can treat your father with a delicious and succulent pineapple cake, which he would love to gorge on. Given here are two recipes for baking a fresh and yummy pineapple cake.
Pineapple Cake (with eggs)
Pineapple Cake is an evergreen cake recipe suited for all occasions. Make this father's day special by making pineapple cake for your father.
Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed Pineapple
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- ¼ cup canned Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Nuts (optional: pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Beat eggs, crushed pineapple, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add this mixture to the pineapple mixture. Blend well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake and cool slightly until still warm.
- To make the icing, melt butter/margarine is a saucepan on low heat.
- Add milk, vanilla, and white sugar. Mix well and boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts, if you desire.
- Spread the icing evenly all over the warm cake.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Slice and serve.
Eggless Pineapple Cake
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2½ tbsp Flour
- 1/8 tsp powdered Ginger
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- ¼ cup crushed Pineapple
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, white sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour pineapple juice into a saucepan and heat to lukewarm. Add a small quantity of crushed pineapple to it.
- Add vanilla, vegetable oil, and vinegar to flour mixture.
- Quickly pour lukewarm pineapple juice into the bowl and beat thoroughly until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the icing, mix flour, powdered ginger, and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it forms into a thick paste.
- Remove from heat and cool until lukewarm.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and crushed pineapple together.
- Add lukewarm flour paste, salt, and icing sugar to the mixture. Beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Refrigerate the mixture for an hour to firm up.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cake.
- Slice and serve.