Sweet is the 'nature' of the relationship between a child and his father. You can add more sweetness to this relationship by making some lip-smacking desserts for your beloved dad, on the auspicious occasion of Father's Day. Desserts perfectly complement the mood of any celebration and Father's Day is no exception. On Father's Day, when you have prepared a hearty meal for your dad, do not forget to give it a final touch with a sweet dish or dessert. Instead of rushing to the market, be a little different in your approach and serve some homemade desserts after the appetizing meal. Here, we have provided some of the best dessert recipes for Father's Day. They are easy to make and will comprise of a gratifying finale to the Father's Day feast.
Dessert Recipes For Father's Day
It is believed that dessert completes a meal. Read this article to learn some of the delicious Father's Day dessert recipes.
Father's Day Dessert Recipes
- 1 kg fresh low-fat Cheese
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ tsp Saffron Strands
- ½ tsp Cardamom Seeds (crushed)
- ½ cup Almonds (blanched)
- 2 tbsp Green Pistachios (crushed)
- Take a large bowl and mix cheese, sugar, and cardamom powder in it.
- Spread the mixture in a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 30-35 minutes, or until the layer sets. Make sure that the mixture does not turn brown.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and let it stand at room temperature till cool.
- Cut the baked cheese into small squares and place them in the dessert bowl.
- Mix milk, almonds, and saffron strands in another bowl and pour over the cheese squares.
- Garnish the cheesy squares with crushed pistachios.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold.
White Chocolate Fudge
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 4 cups Sugar (powdered)
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 12 ounces White Chocolate (chopped)
- ¾ cup Pecans (chopped)
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, until smooth.
- Heat white chocolate in the top of a double boiler, over lightly simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Gently fold the melted white chocolate and pecans into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour and spread the mixture in the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Serve thereafter.
Easy Lemon Bars
- 18.25 ounce Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Place lemon cake mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended. The mixture will be slightly dry.
- Set aside one cup of the mixture for the topping and put the rest into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice together, until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baked crust. Crumble the reserved cake mix on top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the filling sets and topping is lightly toasted.
- Cool before cutting into bars and serve.