If you have been looking for a way out to express your heartiest wishes and sincere thanks for all the pains and difficulties that your dad has gone through to bring you up, do not worry. There's Father's Day coming up soon. With just the kind of celebration that you are planning for your dad, Father's Day is that golden opportunity that honors fatherhood. To make the most utilization of this day, you can buy gifts, greeting cards, and gifts to delight and please your father. To add more to the festivity, you can prepare your dad's favorite delicacies and surprise him. And if he is a cheese admirer, then cheese cookies should be on the top of your menu. Go through the following lines to find out the recipe for making cheese cookies. Take and look and pick up one that will best pamper your Father's taste buds.
Basic Cheese Cookies
Crumble some self-made cheese cookies with your father on this father's day. The recipe is very simple and can be prepared without much fuss.
Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup White Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Butter
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- Little bit of grated Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients except cheese in a bowl and make smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin layer and divide into two parts.
- Sprinkle one half with grated cheese and lay the other half of the dough over the cheese.
- Cut with a small cutter and place the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake at for 20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Finger Cookies
- ½ cup Butter (softened)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 1 cup finely chopped Pecans
- Confectioners' Sugar (to dust)
- Cream butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Gently fold in pecans.
- Take tablespoons of the dough and shape them into 2-inch logs.
- Place them on an ungreased baking sheet, at 2 inches distance.
- Bake at 375 °F for 12-14 minutes, or until they turn light brown.
- Remove and roll them into confectioners' sugar.
- Place on wire racks and serve after they are cooled.
Cottage Cheese Cookies
- 2 cups Shortening
- 3½ cups White Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- ½ cup Confectioners' Sugar
- Whisk shortening and white sugar together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together in a separate bowl.
- Add to the creamed mixture and whisk generously, until well blended.
- Stir in cottage cheese and pecans. Cover the dough and keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Divide the dough into walnut size balls and roll them into confectioners' sugar.
- Place them on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Serve thereafter.