Find out how to feng shui your dining room.
Feng Shui For Dining Room
Are you observing a strain in your family relationships? Does your family face health problems too often? Does your family tend to hold on to past events a little too much? Well, as a remedy, you can try feng shui for your dining room. Your dining room is a multi-purpose area, where you just don't wine and dine, but also sit and chat, or read a newspaper, or draw in your sketchbook. If you have been facing the above mentioned problems, using feng shui techniques in the dining room can solve those problems for you. Organizing your dining room the feng shui way does not require too much of work. All you need to do is rearrange the dining tables, chairs and other furniture. A few extra objects like the Three Star Gods or even a few potted plants can be added. This will help you invite more positive and healthy atmosphere in your home. Here are a few tips on how to add feng shui to your dining room.
Arranging The Dining Table And Chairs
- Dining tables should be so placed that people can move around them easily without having to move chairs or furniture. Ensure that the chairs don't block the doorway.
- An octagonal or Bagwa-shaped dining table is considered the best option. However, a round table symbolizes stability; so you can use that as well. The feng shui cure for a rectangular or square dining table is to place an octagonal centerpiece or place mats on it.
- Three Star Gods overlooking the dining table are said to bless you with health, wealth and happiness.
- Dining chairs should be even in number and ideally, should have backs shaped like a horseshoe.
- Enough room for a person to get in and move out of the chair is desirable.
- It is believed that a respected guest seated facing the door or sharing 'bread' with others, whether family or strangers, builds good social relationships and strong community bonds.
To Solve Family Relationship And Health Problems
- Avoid old, dark and heavy furniture in a small space in a dining room. This will block chi and cause strains in family relationships. This can even cause indigestion.
- Remove boxes and clutter to allow chi to move freely. Preferably the dining table should occupy the center position of the room with equal space on all sides.
- Flow of chi should be gentle but not static and so a dining room with two doors that are not opposite to each other is preferred.
- If you or your family members are suffering from eating disorders, a faceted crystal ball or chandelier over the center of the dining table can correct the situation.
To Control Family Emotional Upheavals
- A mirror in the drawing room that reflects something nice such as a view from the window or artwork. A mirror reflecting food on the table will double up the food and hence, wealth in your household.
- However, if your dining table is a mess, then the mirrors will double it up along with your workload.
- If your family seems to linger over past memories during meal time conversations, clear away all old objects, especially the old papers and photographs from the room.
- If you want to treasure some of your most valued ancestral belongings, keep it in the family section, rather than displaying them throughout the room.
Follow these tips to add feng shui to your dining room. This way, you will only be welcoming health, wealth and prosperity.