Universidad De Las Americas is one of the best universities in Latin America. Know more about the study programs in UDLA from this article.
Universidad de Las Americas
Universidad De Las Americas Puebla (UDLAP) is one of the top Mexican universities. It was founded in 1940 and at that time it was known as Mexico City College. During the 1960s, it was renamed as the University of Americas and now it is generally known as Universidad De Las Americas which translated to English means the University of Americas. The university is located at Puebla. It is one of the most esteemed universities in Latin America and one of the seven universities recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and School. The university has a vast campus of 180 acres. It has six buildings for classes and two buildings used as labs. Sports amenities include two soccer fields, a baseball field and tennis courts. There is also a gymnasium and cafeteria for the convenience of students. The university library has a vast collection of books, magazines and journals. The campus life at Universidad De Las Americas will surely take you much closer to the Mexican way of life. It provides you with a chance to get an insight into the Latin American world. Read on to find more information about the university, courses offered and much more.
Study Programs In UDLA
UDLAP is one of the premier institutes of Latin America which conducts academic programs of unmatched quality. The constant efforts of experienced faculties ensure that the courses and projects are top class and the students develop their creativity and fine tune their skills. The university is also into exchange programs with over 200 universities around the world. The educational programs offered at Universidad De Las Americas are at par with the guidelines of the National Educational System. The university undertakes various measures to bring continuous improvements to its academic programs. The programs offered at UDLAP are designed to expand the knowledge of the students and develop additional skills like critical thinking, drafting skills etc.
Universidad De Las Americas offers a range of courses in a variety of disciplines. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate and doctorate programs. In addition to the regular classes, it conducts online courses as well. All the courses offered at the university are organized under five schools. Each school is subdivided into departments and various courses are offered under these departments.
School of Science (EDEC)
The school of science comprises of three departments:
- Department of Actuarial Science, Mathematics and Physics
- Department of Chemical and Biological sciences
- Department of Health science
School of Business And Economics (EDNE)
EDNE comprises of five sub-departments:
- Department of Business Administration and Marketing
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance and Accounting
- Department of International Business Administration
- Department of Tourism
School of Arts And Humanities (EDAH)
EDAH has five departments which offer courses in corresponding disciplines:
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Information Design
- Department of Arts
- Department of Letters, Humanities and Art History
- Department of Languages
School of Engineering (EDEI)
It has four subdivisions:
- Department of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry, Food and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Computing, Electronics and Mechatronics
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
School of Social Sciences (EDCS)
- EDCS comprises of the following departments:
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Communication Sciences
- Department of Law
- Department of Psychology
- Department of International relations and Political Science
Contribution To Sports
The sports department of the university organizes competitive programs and provides training to budding sportspersons to compete in national and international events. The sports facilities are world-class and unmatchable. The representative teams of UDLAP are:
- Women's and Men's Track & Field
- Basket ball
- Soccer Team
- Tennis (Women's and Men's)
- Volleyball (Women's and Men's)
- Apply for the admission test conducted by the university.
- Take the admission test and obtain high scores.
- University will contact you after verifying results.
Documents Needed For Admission
- Duly filled application form, which is available at the university or online.
- Six front view photographs (black and white) with size 5 x 3.5 cm.
- original birth certificate.
- Certified copy of certificates of qualifications.
- one-time admissions fee - $6000 (non-refundable)
- Medical examination fee - $620
- Public Education Department Fee - $55
The fees rates of Universidad De Las Americas are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree - $ 1930 - $2000 per unit
- Master's degree - $ 2350-$2430 per unit
- Doctorate - $2510-$2600 per unit
Contact Phone Numbers
Admissions - +52 (222) 229 20 00
office of Financial Aid - +52 (222) 229 27 02
Academic Services - +52 (222) 229 20 00
Universidad De Las Americas is a wonderful option for you to pursue your dream course. Enjoy life at UDLAP while adding weightage to your profile.
Admission in UDLA Mexico
Facilities in UDLA Mexico