Study Abroad
Here is information on facilities in Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha including accommodation, transport, dining, sports, recreational activities, computer labs etc.

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha Enrolment

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha has laid out detailed enrolment or admission process for its students. The University has entered into study agreements with scores of universities in Europe, Americas, Africa, Asia and oceania. For students coming to the university under study agreements, programmes like Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Lector programmes, MAE scholarships, ALBAN scholarships, Visiting status and Bilateral exchange programmes are available.

Documents Required for International Students
International students coming to the UCLM for enrolment must have following documents.
  • Two copies of valid passport or any other identification document
  • Dully filled international student application form. For facilitating registration in the UCLM, each student should send a copy of this form to the oRI of his/her campus of study at least one month before arriving in Spain.
  • Two passport sized photographs
  • European students must possess health insurance card. Students from countries that do not have an agreement with Spain in health insurance matters must obtain a private insurance policy that is applicable in Spain.
  • Non-EU students planning to stay for more than three months must produce student visa. EU students don't need it. International Relations office of the University of Castilla-La Mancha would send an Acceptance Letter to those students who need it for their student visa application.
Procedure for University Study Beginners
For students who have not begun university studies, registration process is as follows:
  • They must apply for the Credit Transfer Certificate of Secondary studies to the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
  • They have to successfully the Entrance Test.
  • They must pre-register in the dates fixed by the UCLM.
Procedure for Credit Transfer
  • Applicants should make the partial credits transfer application at the faculty/school they are planning to study.
  • Study programme published by the concerned faculty has to be included.
  • For qualifying, students have to transfer 60 credits at least from the courses' program that is stipulated at UCLM or 15 credits, when they are applying for a degree which has not limited admission.
  • When the applicants receive credit transfer official document, they have to pre-register at University of Castilla La Mancha.
International Relations office
International students are required to visit the International Relations office of the university in the campus they have opted for. Here copies of their personal ID and health insurance documents would be made. They would be provided a course guide and a course registration form. You would also be issued a library card which would provide you access to the library.

Choosing of Course and Registration
You have got 15 days to choose the courses you would take at the ULCM. For taking the right decision, you can consult the professors of the subjects as well as the Erasmus co-ordinator in your campus. After you are done through the choosing of course exercise, you would begin the class registration process. You would submit the course registration form to the oRI. After one week of the submission, you would be required to revisit the office to sign the updated computer-inputted Registration Form.

obtaining of Student Card
If you are an EU citizen and plan to be in Spain for a period longer than 90 days (3 months), the law requires you to obtain a Student Card in the Police Headquarters in your city of study. Non-EU students must obtain visa before arrival in Spain.

For receiving a Student Card, you would be required to submit following documents:
  • Copy of duly filled course registration form issued by Universidad Castilla-La Mancha
  • Two copies of passport
  • Copy of health insurance document
  • Three passport-sized photos
  • Documents indicating financial resources
Visiting Students
Foreign students desiring to study one or more semesters at UCLM, can apply for admission as a visiting student. They are required to previously pay tuition and administrative fees. They are required to send the following documents to the International office of the university:
  • Filled Application form, including the courses that the visiting student wants to study (level, name and semester course).
  • Two Passport photographs.
  • Passport photocopy.
  • Certification of registration at another University (either in Spain or abroad). Transcript of records from the previous University, showing the courses undertaken has to be provided.
  • Applicants, whose first language is not Spanish, have to provide academic document showing Spanish language knowledge and level.